Sunday, November 13, 2011

Updates, and public testing

Goodness, has it really been a week since my last post?
Since the last update, I've continued my overhaul of the weapon system, which has carried over into the item system. I'm on the verge of a very functional, modular, and intuitive system for me as the programmer, which will hopefully allow me a great deal of flexibility with defining and using new items and weapons. Baby steps . . .

Updating the blog with a post *shudder* can be intimidating. I worry about not having enough to say to warrant a new post. This has been a consistent problem with me and blogs, and rather than becoming discouraged and leaving those following the blog hanging for weeks on end, I've decided to explore other options. Don't get me wrong, I'm not abandoning the blog in any sense, but I am starting a Twitter! That way, I can post bite-sized updates to the Twitter as they happen, easing the wait in between posts here, which will be of the the larger, meatier serving size. Check it out (perhaps a follow as well?) over here: http://twitter.com/#!/TheCodePony

Likewise, I've been considering extending my testing base beyond my immediate friends and family. If you're interested, please send me an email at mylittleponyrpg@gmail.com or tweet me. I'll select three testers from the first ten to message me for this first trial run, and we'll see how it goes from there. (PLEASE NOTE: This game is in a pre-alpha state. It is essentially a collection of proof-of-concepts at the moment, requires the installation of the Visual C++ Redistributable, and needs to be broken repeatedly by a team of dedicated testers. If you're still interested, then let's talk. Have your people call my people, or something like that . . .)

Loving the cooler weather. Stay warm, everypony!
The Code Pony

No comments:

Post a Comment