Saturday, October 29, 2011

Welcome to the blog!

What's up everybody! The Code Pony here.
Make yourselves at home. Go ahead and take a look around; this is where I'll post all news and pictures related to development of the RPG.

What RPG? What is this madness?
I'm currently taking an Intro to C++ class at my local college (As of 10/11) though I have been teaching myself the basics of C++ off and on for the last couple of years.
As an extra-curricular project, I took it upon myself to see if I couldn't take what I was learning in class and make something playable out of it. Thus, my own little text-based RPG (named Terragoth) was born. It was typical fantasy fare, and is at roughly the same point in development as the My Little Pony RPG.

Ponies? Are you serious?
Yup! Around the beginning of October, I became a Brony. As a joke, I placed a hidden race option in the character creation portion of the RPG. Upon selecting the hidden option, rather than the regular classes, one was asked whether they wanted to be a Unicorn, Pegasus, or Earth pony. It was such a simple process that I found  I wanted to see how difficult it would be to change the whole game into Equestria. After about an hour of work, I had the first working mod of my game! Well and truly though, it's now a game in it's own right.

Useless bit of Trivia: I'm now developing systems for the Pony RPG and then working them backwards into Terragoth. Major shift in focus, much to the chagrin of my anti-Pony friends ;)

Well, now what?
I'll be sure to post updates, development mumbo-jumbo, and screenshots here as I work. If you're interested in such a game, please let me know. Support is always awesome!

Until next time, bronies!
The Code Pony

No comments:

Post a Comment